Take out some time to fill the form below and become a member at iWebies. The membership will let you raise questions and post answers on others’ thread.Create an account
Lost your password? Please enter your username and email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.
Facebook marketing, with tips and tricks that will help your Facebook business page grow, draw in new followers, and remain engaged with customers.
1. Host a Contest: Facebook now allows contests to be hosted directly on Facebook. Hosting a giveaway or contest on Facebook has never been easier!
2. Hide valuable content behind a like barrier. Hiding valuable content behind a like barrier will get more likes to your page – be sure to include a colorful and captivating call to action graphic to seal the deal.
3. Try a large photo instead of the auto-generated article box. Trying to drive traffic to a blog post or article you’re sharing? Instead of using the automatically generated link and image block generated by Facebook, attach your own larger social media pic to the post and add the link to the blog post as a neat and tidy. A larger image can do a better job of capturing attention.
4. Lights, camera, YouTube. Videos have crazy high engagement rates, so use them in your posts to get some serious attention.
5. Keep it short. Concise posts tend to fare better than their lengthier counterparts – it’s recommended that you trim down your words to somewhere between 100 and 250 characters for optimal engagement. No one’s looking to read the next great American novel in their News Feed.
6. Update your cover photo. Changing a cover photo to reflect a season or time of year shows fans that you are making an effort to be active and stay relevant. Updating your cover photo to advertise a special sale or giveaway will also help those events get more attention than they might receive otherwise.
7. Post frequently and consistently. Don’t worry about overdoing the posts – as long as they are spaced evenly through the day, you’ll be fine. The more you post, the better your chances are of being seen. However, do remember to focus on quality over quantity.
8. Use Facebook Insights to measure your success. Insights lets you see your most popular and successful posts in terms of link clicks, shares, and likes. This data is extremely valuable and ignoring it is just plain silly! You should be using this data to see what you’re doing right, and then do more of it.
9. Deliver shout outs with Facebook tagging: Including tags in your posts is a great way to broaden your exposure, especially when working with other organizations. When they see the tag, they’ll be more likely to share your post with their fans, multiplying your reach by a ton! There’s no reason not to be generous with tags. Tag conferences you’re attending, businesses whose articles you’re sharing, favorite clients, etc. Everyone likes to get noticed, and they’ll remember that you were the one to put them in the limelight.
10. #Hash it out: In a similar vein, Facebook has hashtags enabled and you might as well use them. Hashtags are a great tool for promoting a specific campaign you want to raise awareness of. Hashtags also help categorize your posts by topic, and while the popularity of Facebook hashtags isn’t exactly skyrocketing, you can search hashtag terms to discover fan conversations you may want to participate in.
11. Share testimonials on Facebook. Testimonials are always powerful, and that rule continues on Facebook. However, it’s good to think outside the box when delivering testimonials on a social network. Rather than bland words, incorporate photos, videos, or other media.
12. Share exclusive content for Facebook fans. Posting special, top secret content just for fans on Facebook adds a sense of exclusivity and belonging for your following. Post information or tidbits they might not find elsewhere.